Northeastern University is a leader in experiential learning. As a student here, you’ll combine academic study with real-world experience, increasing your confidence, competence, and marketability. Cooperative and capstone courses will further prepare you for success in your professional life.
Career Exploration, Preparation, and Job Search Resources
As a student, you have access to specially designed career services, tools and support including:
- Career and academic coaches who will work with you to develop a Career Action Plan to help you achieve your professional goals
- Employer-sponsored projects, internships, co-op and other experiential learning opportunities to gain professional experiences and graduate workplace readiness
- Career X, an online career development tool created specifically for Northeastern students and with easy-to-use resource materials designed to help you compete professionally, including: Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn, Networking, Interviewing, and more.
- Workshops focused on a range of topics such as succeeding academically, succeeding as an international student, preparing for experiential learning, and career development.
- NUCareers – Northeastern University’s database of career and cooperative education job opportunities designed for students and alumni with up to three years work experience.
Experiential Network and Co-ops and Internships
Students enrolled in the College of Professional Studies and selected other professional programs may participate in experiential opportunities to work with real-world sponsors and employers through co-ops, internships, and virtual projects. These experiential opportunities are designed to help you gain authentic work experience and valuable learning opportunities to support your professional success.